SCWC values privacy and has strict website integrity and security controls.
We encourage you to read the following points regarding our privacy policies that may affect you. If you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Who we are?
SCWC is an Australian registered ‘non profit’ charity
What information do we collect?
Our website has no automatic operational personal data collection facilities. Our charity does not automatically collect nor disseminate any personal user data.
We have a nominated PayPal account for the charity and we also have direct bank deposit payment facilities listed on the website.
Online Banking – our website provides account details only, no online processing links.
Volunteer – Form
We utilise an online website form for optional registration of your offer to volunteer for our charity.
That form is built by a WordPress Plugin ‘Contact Form 7’, and provides the information you supply as a formalised email direct to the charity. Your consent to submit personal details is recognised by your ticking the required form ‘check box’ as acknowledgement of your acceptance to provide these personal details.
Facebook – Feed to our website
We embed a Facebook widget to allow you to see number of likes/shares/recommends and “like/share/recommend” our website.
This widget may collect your IP address, your web browser User Agent, store and retrieve cookies on your browser, embed additional tracking, and monitor your interaction with the widget, including correlating your Facebook account with whatever action you take within the widget (such as “liking/sharing/recommending”our webpage), if you are logged in to Facebook.
Like many other Web sites, SCWC makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We utilise a WordPress Plugin called ‘Slimstat Analytics’ – that states ” One of our primary goals is to make sure that you and only you are the sole owner of the data collected by our plugin. This has always been what makes Slimstat stand out from the crowd: while Jetpack, Google Analytics and many other services have full unrestricted access to the data they collect on your website, we at Slimstat don’t treat our users as the product that we sell to other companies.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without SCWC’s prior written consent.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SCWC and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SCWC. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SCWC takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control
This website and its content is copyright of Southern Cross Wildlife Care – © 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.